
Been passing by this place a few nights and saw that it was really packed so decided to check it out on Saturday afternoon for lunch. This place has got to be the fasting place that has ever served Bak kut teh to me...machiem fast food restaurant...maybe cos it's a sat and almost 2pm when I was there.
If you still haven't figured out this place yet it's just opposite central mall (clarke quay NEL station)...Think it just opened but I think there are a few branches around this island.
Of course besides the usual ribs soup there are other parts of porky that they served...didn't tried any of that..just their signature.
I actually like it...thought it's better than the one in havelock road that MAY recommended before. The pork ribs are quite fresh,tender and slide off the bone without much effort,unlike some place where the meat feels like eraser stuck to a pencil. The soup are peppery but not too overwhelming to the taste bud and not that spicy that feels like ants on tongue...
I think they do top up the soup but I didn't asked for it...the time I was there,there were more staff than customers...from what I see there are at least 7 waiter/waitress and 4 people behind the counter so my guess is on normal days, they are really busy in order to hire so many people... or maybe it's becos PRC staff are getting damn cheap to hire...either that or they are just freelancers....HEEEHEEE.

My rating : worth trying out !!!
song fa bak kut teh
11 New Bridge Road #01-01 Singapore 059383
Time: 0800 - 2300
CLOSED ON MONDAYYou can find the menu here: http://www.sbestfood.com/songfa.htm
2 comments:
Sifu, my recommendation is at Joo Chiat, not Havelock. The one at Havelock sucks!
There are 2 in Joo Chiat I would recommend. One opposite the open air carpark, and the other next to the CC.
ya lor...havelock not so nice...
haven't try the famous one at race course road...or somewhere near there.
Post a Comment